Friday, December 9, 2011

marvelous gifts

“We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Thessalonians 1:3

Being employed by our city’s Children’s Theatre Company to perform in their December production has changed our Advent this year. I started looking at the calendar wondering when we’d all be at home to put up our decorations together. There wouldn’t be time. After pulling all the boxes out, I sadly left for rehearsal on Saturday. When I returned, my 10 year old daughter had almost single-handedly decorated the house. “I listened to Christmas music the whole time” she reported, which is a must by my standards. It was a warm, tearful moment as I realized she did it because she wanted to have the Christmas stuff out, but she also did it for me.


At times, I look at what I do for Jesus and think it isn’t enough. Obviously, it never will be, but it is exactly what He desires. He loves each chore and effort that we offer to His glory. God’s delight might be similar to the feeling I have over my daughter’s careful labor. It has inspired me to look at my own daily tasks and work at them with a similar intent: this is my gift, this is what I can offer to my Lord right now, and He loves to marvel at my work because I did it for Him.


Prayer: Lord Jesus, Thank you for loving us in such a complete way. May our effort and gifts be delightful to You. Help us to acknowledge You in all that we do. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!