Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Beautiful Moments

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil –this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does willendure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.
Ecclesiastes 3:11-14


Winter is coming. I know this for a fact. Although I love winter, fall is my favorite time
of year. It is the season of savoring and soaking in the last of the warm, sunny days. Nothing
beats the colors of fall. Raking leaves of yellow, orange and red is a visual treat. The scents of
the season include “Freshly Harvested Field”, “Walking Through Damp Leaves”, and my
personal favorite, “Fall Fire”. Wouldn’t it be great if we could bottle up the golden days of fall to pull out on those blustery winter days?


As I look back on the 17 years that I have been blessed with my children, I can remember
those times that were as perfect as a beautiful fall day. There was that one day at the beach that was absolutely amazing. We savored up every detail from the sand to the waves to the cool breeze. I am so grateful to God for times like these. In a sense, we can bottle these memories up to be opened again when the days seem dreary and dull.


My walk with God has similar characteristics. There have been times when it felt like the
lines of communication where wide open. It must be what Adam and Eve felt when they walked with God in the cool of the day before the fall into sin. Comfortable companionship. But my sinful nature leads me away from this peaceful connection. The winter storms of life block cause me to wander from my savior. At times like these, there is comfort in remembering the savory fall days. Not to simply look back and be content with the past, but to know that by taking the Christian life one day at a time, God will continue to bless us with those beautiful moments.


Rarely does a “planned” perfect day turn out perfect. They happen unexpectedly.
Sometimes you are not even aware of how perfect a day is until it is over. When God has
granted that wonderful connection, we need to savor every bit of it and respond with thanks for his marvelous gift.


Dear Lord, everyday you shower us with blessings. Some days we see these clearly, and
other days our eyes are clouded by earthly troubles. Thank you for the days that we clearly see
your beautiful gifts. Help us to treasure these moments and to savor them knowing that your
blessings are around us constantly. In the name of Jesus our savior, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!