Monday, May 14, 2012

Living the Dream


“God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” 
2 Corinthians 5:21

What is your “dream job?”  If you could do anything in the world, what would it be? When I was a little girl, I LOVED babies. Being an only child, I wasn’t around younger children often, but I had plenty of dolls with which to play pretend. I couldn’t wait to be a mom someday. “Someday” is here, and I guess you could say that I’m living the dream. I’m doing what I always wanted to do, after all. 
In honor of Mother’s Day, I did a little internet research on mothers of the Bible and what God has to say about mothering. I learned some interesting things, but this sentence from one article struck me: “Motherhood is not a chore or unpleasant task.” Of course, this is just the writer’s take on things, but there have been more times than I’d like to admit that what is technically my dream job has been unpleasant and chore-like, and that’s putting it nicely. There are moments, although fleeting, that I could even call it a nightmare.
It seems that we as moms put a lot of pressure on ourselves and on each other. I’m so thankful that God doesn’t expect perfection from me. He knew that I would make mistakes and fall short daily. That’s why He sent Jesus to be perfection for me and for everyone. While I long to be the best mom and wife I can be, I know that when I mess up, God is there to forgive me through His grace and mercy.  

Heavenly Father, 
I know I don’t thank You often enough for allowing me to live my dream of being a wife and mother. Help me to follow Your perfect example of what a parent should be, and thank You for forgiving me when I don’t even come close to measuring up. 
In the Name of Your Son, Jesus,
 Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!