Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tomorrow is a new day

Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven,
whose sin is covered.
Psalm 32:1

One of my favorite movies is Anne of Green Gables.  Poor Anne, there are days she just can't get anything right, from dyeing her hair green to accidentally getting her friend Diana drunk.  One thing that Anne says in this movie has always stuck with me:  "Tomorrow is a new day, fresh, with no mistakes in it."

As a mother, I carry that with me every day.  Generally, I have good days.  Days where I am patient with my children, ready to read to them and give them the attention they need.  But everyone has their bad days.  Days when I lose my patience and yell when I shouldn't.  Days when I say things that I shouldn't.  Those are the days that I say to myself as I fall asleep:  "Tomorrow is a new day, fresh, with no mistakes in it."

Thank God we moms can go to God for forgiveness!  Forgiveness springs from deep love.  From the very beginning, we've been sinful people.  But God loved us so much--the deepest love ever--and sent His only Son to die for our sins on the cross.  It's from that act of deep love that we can receive forgiveness.  The joy of forgiveness is the ability to start over again.  The joy of forgiveness is to love deeper and better than before.  The joy of forgiveness is freedom from being stuck in the past so we can love again.

Thanks be to God, that tomorrow is a new day, fresh with no mistakes in it.

We pray:  Dear Heavenly Father, We know that we make many mistakes in our vocation of mothering.  There are days when we feel that we didn't get anything right.  We praise you for sending your Only Son to die for those sins on the cross.  Thank you for the forgiveness that grants us.  Help us to use that gift of forgiveness to start each day fresh, ready to mother the children You have given us.  In Your name we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!