Monday, February 6, 2012

Welcome Home

2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
-John 14:2-3

One of my favorite things associated with the birth of a baby are the numerous pictures of the baby's room.  The meticulous planning and preparation that expectant parents put into the room is incredible.  Parents will comment throughout the album about the amount of time it took to draw and paint the lines on the wall, or will mention the artist who drew the mural or will say how the furniture was a family heirloom, and oftentimes the last caption of the album says something to the effect that mom and dad can't wait for (insert baby name) to be here and finally home with them.

Our Heavenly Father has prepared a place for us too.  Through the waters of Holy Baptism, a room has been reserved and prepared for us in heaven, and as Jesus shared with His disciples, there will come a day when He returns to take us home again.  

This past Saturday, February 4th, my grandpa passed away.  There is no more pain. There is no more suffering. There is only wholeness and healing.  The promises made at Grandpa Johnny's baptism are now fulfilled and he rests with those who have gone before and awaits the second coming.    My grandpa has been welcomed home to heaven, and the room prepared for him by his Heavenly Father was ready and waiting for him. 

Dear Heavenly Father,

Grant peace and comfort to all those who mourn the lives of a loved one.  Thank you for the promise of eternal life given to us as we gain new life through the waters of baptism.  Continue to bless and keep us all close to you.  Amen.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!