Monday, April 30, 2012

Keep Walking


The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters, He restores my soul. Psalm 23:1-3


I am cyclical in learning things. I don’t mind coming back around to things to get to the next step. When I think about my journeys in cooking and parenting, I can see how skills are built over time. As I was praying the other day, I realized that I was hesitating in taking the next step
in my spiritual walk, because I wasn’t sure I could commit to it. I wasn’t sure I was ready. In fact, I was allowing my own fear of failure stop me from stepping closer. Then, I realized that God was not asking me to take an impressive leap. He wanted me to keep taking steps, keep listening, keep looking toward Jesus. Would I rather stand still or keep walking? It’s okay to take small steps. It’s okay to find ourselves growing in an area that we’ve already covered. It’s okay for our discipleship path to by cyclical, building on the relationship that is most central to who we are and where we are going. Be patient with yourself as you do your best to stick by the Shepherd. Be there when that familiar voice calls your name and take a drink in the still water He’s offering you.

Prayer:
Jesus, You are generous in blessing. Please strengthen me for the next steps in my journey with You. Remove my fear and excuses and guide me to where You want me to be. You are my Shepherd and I am content in Your care. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!