Friday, April 27, 2012

Top 10 Reasons I Share My Faith With My Child

10. I want my child to be as prepared as possible to handle the joys and challenges that life will bring her as she grows. “Train a child in the way he should go, and with he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6

9. God has commanded me as a parent and adult to bring my child to Him. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14

8. I want my child to know where to find comfort. Jesus said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in Me.” John 14:1

7. All of our gifts come from God, and I want my child to know who to thank for every one of their gifts and blessings. “Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done.” 1 Chronicles 16:8

6. I want my child to understand and value the blessings given to us in God’s Word. “Blessed rather are those who hear the Word of God, and obey it.” Luke 11:28

5. There is only one who loves my child more than I do, and I want my child to know all about Him. “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that He lay down His life for His friends. You are my friends if you do what I command.” John 16:12-14

4. My husband and I vowed to each other when we were married that our house would serve the Lord. “As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15

3. I want my child to be filled with pure spiritual food, not junk. “Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation.” 1 Peter 2:2

2. I want my child to know the truth. Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32

1. I know just how much my Savior did for me, and that is just too good to not want to share every bit of it with my child. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16


Prayer: Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing me with the privilege of sharing my faith with my child and bringing her to you. Bless all parents who continue to share You with their children and bless our children and they continue to learn and grow in their faith in You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!