Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Comfort in HIM

Psalm 119:76
May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to the promise to your servant.

Lord, it has been hard to be comfortable here in Texas right now. We are on day 24 of over 100 degree heat. It is beginning to drive everyone crazy. As it type this devotion, my two boys, 9 and 11 are running through the house. They are desperate for physical activity but the temperatures outside make it too dangerous to allow them outside to play after 8 am and before 9 pm at night. This build up aggression has lead to fights, battles and frustrations for not only the boys but also to my husband and I.

Sometimes our lives as adults begin feel like the life my boys have. We feel like we are running through our lives deperate for activities that will provide us with peace and comfort. The reality is that we often feel that way when we are not spending time with God and his word. Just as my boys desire to run and play an let of that extra energy, we are to desire to spend time with God in talking with God and studying his word. When those things are lacking, we begin to feel uncomfortable.

There have been times when I have felt this way. I realize that the change is a result of me being too busy not God. That I have been the one to travel away from God. He is still right here wanting to spend time with me and talking with me. It is during these times that I pray the following prayer:

Dear Lord: I know that I have not bee good about spending time with you. I am so sorry that I have not made you a priority. I want to be better about spending time with you and studying your word. Lord, please give me that determinination. Provide me with the strength to make time for you and feel your comfort and peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!