Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Forgetfulness

Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. (Isaiah 49:15 ESV)

I forgot to write a devotion. It's almost four o'clock in the afternoon, and I just remembered that today was my day to post, which meant I should have written this yesterday.

Last week I went to the grocery store with a shopping list, but I forgot to take the money with me.

We move on Monday, and I'm afraid I'm forgetting to do something hugely important and I'll only discover what it was when we get to St. Louis and something is missing. (Fortunately my husband is in charge of making sure all the utilities are set up!)

Other mothers have told me that babies eat brain cells and that it starts when they're in the womb. I was hoping it wasn't true, but I'm not typically so forgetful.

I'm starting to fear that once my child is born, I'm going to forget about it. After all, I did have a dream several weeks ago that I was taking care of someone's baby and I kept forgetting about it.

How wonderful it is that God never forgets us! He never leaves us or gives up on us. Even when God sent the Israelites into exile and captivity, He didn't leave them or forget about them. He went with them, and then He brought them back to the land He promised them.

"Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands," He says to Israel in Isaiah 49:16. And He does the same for us. We are His children and He never forgets us.

Heavenly Father, I am so forgetful sometimes, and it's not just limited to daily tasks and responsibilities. I forget about you and the wonderful things you have done. I forget to praise and thank you as I should. I forget to tell others about you. But you never forget. You hold me in your hands and you love me and you bring me back to You. Thank you for your great mercy and love and your long memory. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!