Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Promise of Peace

Psalm 29:11 The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.

Most eleven year old kids I know struggle with issues like being organized and not procrastinating about homework. And, in many ways my eleven year old is no different except that he is also having to face the realities of being insulin dependent for the rest of his life. He has been forced to face, to a degree, his own mortality at such an early age.

This week was especially tough when he cried out, "I just want my life to be easy!" Oh how these words resonated with me. I cannot recall all of the times when I have wanted to cry out to God those very same words. When moments like these creep into my life, I find myself searching out God's words for comfort. That night was no different. I sat there for a moment searching for the words that would hopefully comfort my son. I would have loved to promise him that life would be easy. But, that would have been an empty promise. I cannot promise that will be the case. In fact, I would say with assurance that life will be difficult and there will be challenges and frustrations.

I also know that the promise that God makes to us in Psalm 29:11 is just as true as the the fact that life will have challenges. While our challenges may not be of the same calliber of that as a diabetic, they are difficult for us all.

Resting in the assurance that the Lord will provide us with the strength to face the challenges of life as well as giving us peace is such an amazing gift. With those assurances, facing the challenges of life don't seem quite so daunting.

Lord, while at times life seems overwhelming and the challenges we face push us I thank you for your strength that carries me through. When things seem out of control, I thank you for the peace and comfort you provide. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!