Monday, March 5, 2012

He'll never know

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Luke 6:31



Friendship is so simple and yet so complex. It is a crucial ingredient in a fulfilling life and is always changing. I am currently in a production of “A Year with Frog and Toad” based on the books by Arnold Lobel. The musical portrays a beautiful friendship that spans the seasons. There are many adorable exchanges between these two characters. One of my favorites is when they each decide to rake each other’s leaves secretly. They get so much joy out of their anonymous act of service. The squirrels mess up the leaves before either of them get to see their own yards. The powerful thing for me is that although neither of them received the “gift” intended for them, their friendship is strengthened by their own efforts.


As you think about a friend in your life, I’d like to challenge you to think of a way to brighten their day anonymously. Now, what “gift” can you give to our friend Jesus today? The things we do as expressions of love for Him also change us and feed our relationship with God. Take joy in the small things you can do to in the name of friendship.


Dear Jesus, I am humbled to be called Your friend. I am eager to grow closer to You and want You to know how much I love You. Thank you for the people You have put in my life that encourage me and care for me. Help me to model healthy, strong friendships for my children. Surround them with good friends as they grow and shape them into the kind of person that loves to secretly “do unto others…”. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!