Monday, March 28, 2011

Settling the Score

O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:55-57

The tears start flowing not long after the realization hits. I’m not sure if it has to do more with the competitor, or the type of competition, but losing at board games is a tough pill for a certain ten year old boy to swallow. A well fought battle, an ingenious strategy, a lucky roll, none of these seem to matter. It is definitely not about how you play the game with my son. It’s all about that win or loss column.

I too am more competitive than I like to admit, so when it comes to confessing my mistakes, my weaknesses, my losses, I dig my heels in, and at any time the tears could start flowing.

But here’s my score sheet; as a sinner, I know that before my feet even hit the ground this morning, I have to mark this day down as a loss. I know that no matter what my strategy, my thoughts, words, and deeds are no match for my competitor. Sin, death, and the devil greet me with their dance of victory before I even get to make my first move. I can play my best game every day, and still have to put that tally mark in the loss column.

Take heart child of God, though it may appear to be, the game isn’t over. Get your eraser out, and get ready to do your own dance of victory.

We don’t play by the devil’s rules! In fact, it’s not even our game to win or lose. Christ has won the victory for me, and for you, and for all people! Thanks be to God! It’s not about how we play the game; it’s about how Christ played it for us. It is indeed all about that win or loss column, and because of His life, death, and resurrection, we are winners every time.

Confess your mistakes, your weaknesses, and your losses to your Savior. Help your children to do the same, and then dance! Dance with your children today, (background music optional,) and celebrate your victory in Christ.

Jesus Our Victor,

You took my sins to the cross, and settled my score. I praise you for the forgiveness I receive each day because of your sacrifice. May my dance of victory point others toward the salvation you won for all people.

In Your Name Alone, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!