Monday, August 29, 2011

I shall not want? I shall not want.

Psalm 23:1-3 The Lord is my shephard I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

My life has been overwhelming lately. I feel like I am constantly juggling different responsibilities and expectations both professionally and most importantly in my family life. There are days when I am able to keep up with everything just fine and then just as I begin to feel like things are going well I realize that I have forgotten the routine of the tossing and catching of responsibilities and just like the juggling balls, everything seems to be falling down around my feet.

It is at these moments that I begin to call out to God, I want a few more moments in my morning Lord. I want things to be simple and calm Lord. I want things to be the way they were before life got complicated and demanding Lord. I want...I want...I want. The reality is not that I don't have these things beacuse I do. I have all of those things when I allow God to be in control.

I was recently reminded about Psalm 23:1-3 and the wonderful truth found within these verses. I shall not want because the Lord is in control. When I read these verses, I picture the beautiful, lush emerald green pastures and the sparkling blue streams of water flowing nearby. But the mental picture I most often and provides me with the most peace and comfort is the Lord carrying the lost sheep home to the flock.

As mom's we can easily get overwhelmed with the demands of being a mom. Laundry, cleaning the house, taking kids to practices and lessons, being the homework helpline and then adding in the role of cheerleader for kids and spouses, the encourager, the supporter and the challenger.

Life provides challenges that at times make it seem like we are juggling expectations rather than living life. Rest assured that the Lord is there carrying us through those times just as he carries the lost sheep home to the flock. Loving us, nurturing us and carrying the burden for us. Rest assured that we can enjoy those emerald green pastures and the sparkling blue streams of water as he carries us and our burdens for us.

Thank you Lord for loving us so much that you are willing to carry us in the overwhelming times of life. Thank you for reminding us that we are worth being carried and cared for. Thank you for those peace filled pastures and calming waters. May we always allow you to be in control and enjoy the peace that only you provide. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!