Friday, August 5, 2011

Momma...
Psalm 61:2
From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
My 13 month old has been cutting her one-year-old molars as of late, and consequently has been waking up at night in pain.  From our bedroom I will hear her cry, and I swear that the only time she says, “Mom,” or “Momma,” is when she cries and needs me.  So, after throwing off the covers and walking bleary-eyed to her room, I will usually find her sitting or standing in her crib crying.  The minute I pick her up though, the tears are gone and she is patting my shoulder as if to say, “I’m so glad you’re here!” 
Reflecting on the Psalm chosen, I realize that I too cry out and ask God for help when I am in the most desperate of places, or are in need of his help or healing.  I say His name when I am at the point of desperation and feel as if there is little hope.  I know that His promise is to be with us always, and that He desires His children to come to Him daily in prayer.  However, my sin and my business keep me from always having an active prayer life and consequently, at times, I forget to thank Him for always being there and providing me with countless blessings.
Heavenly Father,
Thank you for hearing our prayer and for your promise to always be with us.  Help me to remember you at all times, and to give thanks for what you have done through your Son, Jesus,  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!