Thursday, August 4, 2011

Preparing

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
John 14:3

My mom is visiting us this week from Las Vegas. She has not been in my house for a long time. Actually, she has never been in this house at all.  Any of you with visiting relatives knows exactly what happened in our home the week before she arrived. 
 
We scrubbed.
 
We weeded.
We replaced a really ugly kitchen sink.
 
We tried to make things as pleasant as possible for our honored guest.
And yet, during her visit we still had to work on the roof, our oldest son had to mow the lawn, and I've done numerous loads of laundry.  Our house has been less than perfectly prepared for her visit.
 
Thanks be to God, that he sent Jesus ahead to prepare a heavenly home for us! While our earthly homes will crumble and decay, with washing machines that die at inopportune times and children who spill coffee on cream colored carpets; our heavenly home is being perfectly prepared for us by the perfect Son of God!
While my mom attempts to overlook the imperfections of an aging house filled with eight busy people; I know that my eyes have yet to behold the wonder of the home being prepared for me!

This, my friends, is VERY good news!

Visit, O Lord, the homes in which your people dwell, and keep all harm and danger far from them. Grant that we may dwell together in peace under the protection of Your holy angels, sharing eternally in Your blessings; through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!