Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Happy New Year

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

The last week of the year I find myself reflecting on the peaks and valleys of the last 365 days. This year has been no different. 2011 blessed me in ways that I would have never predicted, challenged me in ways I have never before been pushed and opened my eyes to God's love in ways never seen before.
It would be naive of me to say that at the time I was thankful for those situations. The reality is that at the time I often responded in anger, sadness, by questioning why these things were happening. And yet, I can see the growth in my family and within myself.

In retrospect, these challenging moments have become blessings and allowed my relationship with the Lord to grow stronger. My prayer for you, your families, my family and myself is that the Lord will bless us all. Even in ways unexpected so that we may all have the opportunity to grow closer to him. I am thankful that just as we are new creations in Christ where the old has gone and the new is here, may this new year provide us with new opportunities to love others, share others with the good news of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to join us today at Growing HIS Kids!